Wishing all those who helped make 2013 a year to remember. The bringing in of the New Cat Laws on the 1st November 2013and althought the changes to the Dog Laws did not go far enought we at least have compulsory microchipping as of the 1st November 2013 of all dogs sold or rehomed.
We now have 8 new rescue groups in Western Australia and other states are also expanding in their efforts to help save as many animals from euthanasia as they can.
In the new year we will be pushing for "accountability" from pounds and rescues and the abolishing of "Claytons Laws" The laws that we have that just do not work.
We hope you will join us here and on facebook to make 2014 truely the year for animals.
The question is not, “Can they reason?” nor, “Can they talk?” but rather, 'Can they suffer?'” Jeremy Bentham
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success." Henry Ford
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Click here to be redirected to the Cat Alliance of Australia Inc. FACEBOOK page. Show your support and join our group. (Please note you must log into FACEBOOK before being able to see this link).
ABOUT CAT ALLIANCE OF AUSTRALIA INC
In Australia hundreds of thousands of cats are killed each year. Shelters and Local Councils are so overwhelmed they are often not able to offer support to people who find a stray.
Cat Alliance of Australia Inc aims to fill this gap in current resources by offering support and advice to the community, by supplying information on humane cat control programs and partnership with compassionate veterinarians offering high volume low cost cat desexing.
By using modern techniques, empowering cat lovers and collaborating with like-minded organisations, we are able to mentor the community in managing their cat populations in a humane and effective way.
- Elevate the cats in our community and promote the welfare of both owned and unowned cats.
- Save lives by making affordable desexing easily accessible to the community
- Decrease the amount of homeless cats in shelters through increased awareness, education and prevention management.
- Support a collaborative approach between shelters , rescue organisations and local councils animal management departments and veterinarians and facilitate the sharing of information by these groups.
- Education through media, brochures ,DVD presentations and annual symposiums.
Cat Alliance of Australia Inc actively supports Trap, Neuter and Return as the accepted method of feral and semi domestic cat population control as recognised and used throughout the world. With education and mentoring we will lead the progress of new, innovative, non lethal programs for the betterment of the cat population.
Things to watch for:
- If you are vets, breeders, veterinary nurses or trainee veterinary nurses a new innovative course in Cat Behavioural course online. Under "Courses in Cat Welfare button".
- Our fourth Cat Welfare and Management Symposium 2011was held at Perth Zoo November 26th video of the symposium will be posted soon and will be ready for viewing under the "symposium button".
Start the New Year with a Commitment to Cats
We leave you with this famous saying:
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. ~Albert Einstein